Of all the work I've been doing on the Land Rover, this has probably been the most satisfying work I've done with it.
Starting from this. I ended up taking the floors out so I could replace the front output seal on the transfer case that I discovered here. With the seal replaced I decided it was a very opportune time to borrow a pressure washer and get some of the gunk off the gearbox and the top of the chassis.
Here we are after a little cleaning. The biggest, most obvious improvement is on the transmission housing which being aluminium there is no paint on it which means it looks nice and shiny after the gunk has been removed.